What Are the Side Effects of Using the CPAP Machine?
by David Higginson
Can you please tell me if there are any problems with using the cpap machine and it giving side effects with the eyes and ears because of the back pressure in the machine . Thanks very much.
The most common CPAP side effects are:
- dry mouth,
- dryness of nose or nasal congestion,
- CPAP mask discomfort, especially if the mask does not fit properly to your face, or because you are not used to the air pressure,
- Irritation of the skin on your face,
- swollen eyes,
- sore on the bridge of the nose,
- central sleep apnea events, if the pressure is much higher that you need.
All these CPAP side effects can be overcome with proper education. So check the upper links to learn how to avoid these problems.
I hope it helps. Don't be afraid to comment back. Remy Thierry
Founder of Sleep Apnea Guide