ResMed S9 Elite Stats - How to read your sleep quality report?
How do I set my ResMed S9 Elite to get my stats (AHI,CSR,OA etc.) on the display?
To get access to your sleep stats on ResMed S9 Elite, you need to learn how to get into the Short Sleep Quality Report
Turn On ResMed's Short Sleep Quality Report for S9 Elite
On the Short version of the software, you will be able to see your overnight AHI, leaks (green or red smiley face) and usage on the LCD screen.
To access the report, you have to:
- turn the flow generator off,
- press the info button that is just to the left of the big round button.
The Red Frowny Face indicates that your 75% leak rate is AT or ABOVE 24 L/min (0.4 L/sec) for at least 30% of the night. This means that your therapy doesn't work very well.
If you only see the usage
data, without AHI and leaks information, then your sleep technician decided to set the Sleep Quality program to Usage
, that will prevent you from seeing all the useful data.
In this case, I suggest to take the CPAP machine back to the sleep technician or DME and politely ask them to change the setting for Sleep Quality from Usage to On.
If DME refuses to help, you can learn how to change Sleep Quality from Usage to On by yourself by reading in the ResMed S9 Elite clinician's manual
Turn On ResMed's Detailed Sleep Quality Report for S9 Elite
I know that you want to have more detailed Sleep Quality data from your ResMed machine, including AHI, CSR, OA etc.
For this, you need to:
- press and hold the info and the button with double check marks on it (setup menu) for at least 3 seconds. You should see a brief flash.
- now use the large round knob to scroll down 1 icon on the left-hand list of the LCD screen. The top of the detailed sleep quality data should now be visible.
- click the big round button once to enter this menu. Now you can scroll through the detailed sleep quality menu to see everything you need: AHI, AI, CAI, data time period, usage, average usage, pressure.
You can also change the data period from 1 Day to 1 Week, 1 Month or 3 Months, to get an overview of data for longer period of time frames than 1 night.
- to exit the detailed sleep quality menu from ResMed S9 Elite, rotate the large round knob until you get to Home. You can select it
by clicking the same large knob.
Unfortunately, you don't learn from these data when
the events happened or how long
each of the apnea episodes lasted.
To find more detailed info about your sleep data, you'll need to download this data into ResScan
software and verify the graphics.Note:
AHI = apnea hypopnea index
CAI = central apnea index
AI = apnea index
For more info about different type of apnea indexes, please read sleep apnea index and its severity.
If the information about finding the ResMed S9 Elite stats is difficult to understand, I hope a video will more helpful. Please visit this page and watch the video about ResMed
. If you are in a hurry, go to 4:40 min and see the instructions.
I hope it helps. Don't be afraid to comment back. Remy Thierry
Founder of Sleep Apnea Guide